Baskets like this splint basket used in preparing corn for food, must have been very common in Iroquois households.
- This artifact does not have a date but was used during the colonial times.
- This artifact was found on the New York State Museum website: http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/IroquoisVillage/slidetwob.html.
- Ash splint hulling basket
- The basked was used by the Seneca Iroquois in preparing the corn for food.
- This artifact dates back to over 400 years ago
- The Seneca Iroquois tribe.
- It helps to show what materials or tools the Iroquois used to prepare their food.